From the IBM AS/400 to the iSeries
The longevity of the IBM iSeries shows just what a dependable, powerful solution it is. When the Application System/400 (AS/400) was first released in 1988, it represented a major milestone in computing — a reliable, user-friendly system designed for SMEs, with a huge software library of over 1,000 different applications. Since then, it has gone through a lot of iterations and a few different naming conventions, but at its core it remains the same excellent business machine, distinguished by:
- High performance
- Excellent stability and reliability
- Software factory integration and testing
- Backwards compatibility
Create a nimbler IT department with iSeries® cloud environments.
NTT Ltd.’s IBM iSeries (formerly AS/400) cloud provides high-performing, dynamic cloud environments with the enterprise level architecture and security necessary to take your business critical enterprise applications to the next level. iSeries cloud offers all the benefits of a cloud environment with the peace of mind of a platform you trust.
By taking advantage of flexibility, scalability and affordability inherent in an iSeries (AS/400) cloud hosting environment, organizations can create a nimbler, more agile IT department, resulting in unparalleled business agility to gain a strong competitive advantage by:
- Reducing total cost of operations with lowered maintenance costs and data center overheads.
- Reducing capital expenditure by only paying for required resources.
- Streamlined change control processes.
- Ability to scale environments on demand to keep pace with projects and resource intensive business initiatives.
- Reducing the complexity of overall IT environments.
- Eliminate database licensing costs if migrating from another platform.
Whether you are looking to migrate your SAP® system, your data warehouse, or any other enterprise application you currently run on IBM iSeries, NTT Ltd. brings the right technical expertise and migration experience to optimize your IT strategy.
With the largest iSeries SAP Basis team in the United States and more than 20 years of industry experience, we are a recognized leader in SAP managed services for iSeries clients. In addition, we bring the platform and application expertise essential to architect and manage an enterprise level cloud tailored to meet the requirements of a complex IT environment beyond ERP. Our clients benefit from the peace of mind of having 24×7 access to an assigned team of iSeries experts with a detailed knowledge of their environment.